Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hey everyone! 

I hope you have spring weather because I think Canada doesn't believe in spring. Its kind of sad but I think I'll get over it....maybe...or just throw a fit. 

So I want to share a cool experience before I forget. I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants 6:14 and it just really hit me. 

"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast inquired of me, and behold, as often as thou has inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time." 

It just reminded me of my experience of deciding to come on a mission and the spirit again confirmed to me that I'm supposed to be here in the Canada Calgary Mission at this time and more specifically in Taber. Especially with transfers just happening, I'm grateful I got to stay here. President said this was one of the biggest transfers that he's ever seen and literally everyone got moved around. Obviously there is a reason we're supposed to be here. 
I was grateful I got to look back and reflect on a year and a half ago and making that decision to serve a mission. Its the best decision I've ever made and its changed my life forever. I'm grateful for the relationship I've been able to have with my Savior.

So on Thursday some members invited us over for lunch and we roasted hot dogs by Old Man River. These members are awesome and told us a lot about there friends and we'll hopefully be able to meet some and share the gospel with them. We stopped by our investigator to let him know we're staying in Taber and he was so happy! He wanted to immediately know when our next lesson is. I might have said this already but he told us that he's down to half a pack of cigarettes a day, a huge improvement from 2 packs a day. The gospel gives us strength through the power of the Atonement. 

So the Womens broadcast was awesome! Oh my goodness the whole thing was so spiritual and inspiring, we had a dinner at the church with the whole stake before and I saw a few non-members and less-active members that came so hopefully they enjoyed it as well. I thought it was interesting that it was on covenants again because the Relief Society broadcast last October was all on making and keeping covenants. I'm glad they're emphasizing how important they are. Also I had a neat experience after the broadcast with some of the ladies in my ward here in Taber. It made me so grateful for the people here and for them specifically for making me feel like I have family here in Taber. I'm very blessed. 

I was so excited for Sunday! Oh my goodness, sometimes I'm worried for Sundays because they're so long sometimes with so much church and fast sunday makes them seem longer but for some reason I was just excited for both wards and to be able to fast and receive revelation for this upcoming week of conference. We had our investigator there and he is awesome! We taught him Sunday night and he's had a really rough life. He's one of the guys that just randomly showed up to church last week. He thought that the church would have answers to his questions and help him find happiness. Oh how right he was! He's so prepared for the gospel its crazy! He's excited for conference this weekend and wants to invite his girlfriend so maybe we'll be able to start teaching her as well! 

So things are going pretty well. I know that Heavenly Father is really helping us here in Taber. I love it!

I hope you all have a good week:) 

love you all!

Love
Sister M.
(4/1/14)




Sister Mortensen, CJ and Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment