Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hey Family :)

I know I say it a thousand times and I'll say it a thousand more but I just love you all so much. I don't know how I got so blessed to have such an awesome family. 

So this week was really good. After emails last week we went and stopped by this lady's house and she's in her late 20's and hasn't been to church since she's been baptized but she wants to know more about the church she was baptized into. Its fun because its almost like she's a new investigator. She really wants to find peace and happiness in her life. I'm excited to see her progress because it will be such a great blessing to her and her family. We also went and helped with the cub scouts.....ha it was hilarious. They were learning how to rope and Sister Mortensen knows how to rope so she helped them out and it was so cute to see these little boys try and rope. We also got asked to go to Young Womens that night and explain why we came on missions and what they need to do to prepare to go on missions. It was super fun. I think my biggest advice is to just have a testimony of this gospel and a desire to share it with others. If you stay close to the Savior and pray and read your scriptures everyday then you'll be more ready then you think you are. We also had a lesson with another girl that night and it made me so frustrated! Oh boy. People sometimes just drive me insane. She told me that she's happier not keeping the commandments. I've never been so bold with someone in my life. The worldly things in life do not bring happiness to your life. She just doesn't understand what the gospel can do for her. Oh goodness people should not tell me that the gospel doesn't help them. 

On Thursday we had interviews with President. I love my mission President. He's the most Christlike person I know. I told him I wanted to stay in Taber so hopefully that happens :) He just had so many positive things to say to me....it was exactly what I needed to hear. I was feeling pretty down thinking I wasn't doing very well but he just said the perfect things and made me super happy and excited to go out and work. That night we went out with a girl that's getting ready to go on her mission in April and I think it was good to have her see what we do. Her family is one of my favorite families here in Taber. Honestly the people here are so good. I just don't know how I got so blessed to come to the areas that I've come to.  We were on exchanges at the time as well and I had Sister Matangi with me from Lethbridge. What an awesome sister. I learn so much from these missionaries. The next day we drove to Stirling and I stayed in Stirling with Sister Shumway. She's awesome as well. Her last companion was Sister Blommaert! It was so fun to hear how she's doing. I haven't seen her since I finished training her but she's now training for a second time which makes me so proud!! She's just doing awesome things up in Calgary. 

Church was super good! Our investigator came. He's so awesome and doing really well and really enjoyed church. Church is awesome! Sometimes its long having 8 hours of church hahaha but its such a good time to receive revelation. We taught him yesterday and the spirit was so strong! He prayed for the first time and said in the prayer that he knows everything we've taught him so far is true. It was so nice to hear that. 

So this upcoming week should be good. We're headed to Calgary on Friday and carpooling up with Sister Doty which I'm excited about! She wanted to tell you all hi :)

love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love 
Sister M.

No comments:

Post a Comment