Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Miracles

Hello Family and Friends :)

How is everything going? I hope its as good as whats happening here in Taber! We just keep seeing miracle after miracle.

On Tuesday I had a little accident hahaha I guess I'm just accident prone....so here in Alberta we get the Chinooks right? Which melts all the snow which is awesome but then at night it freezes over and everything turns into a giant skating rink.....I've literately thought of going and buying ice skates for a faster form of transportation. Anyways it gets super dangerous right? Like last Sunday we had soooo many people fall and break something. So back to the main part of the story I was on exchanges in Medicine Hat......we were walking on a hill of straight ice...bad idea. I fell down.....straight on my face! Then I blacked out......yup. The poor sister that I was on exchanges with had no idea what to do. After I woke up I tried to get back up and then fell down again since I was so light headed. Luckily all my teeth were still in. I was thinking I would wake up with a huge black and blue face but I didn't!Miracle! I did have a major headache for awhile though. Oh my hahaha its funny now. The rest of the exchange went well though.

The next night we had an amazing lesson with a part member family in the ward. He's not a member and we just felt super impressed that we needed to go to their house. We shared the lesson but nothing really special happened. Then when we're about to leave the man just breaks down and starts crying. (I think I've made more grown men cry on my mission then ever before hahaha) Anyways he just opens up to us and said that he's afraid to pray because he's afraid of the answer he'll get. We told him that he just needs to exercise his faith and he told us that he never thought he would meet with missionaries again but he wants us to come back! Miracle!

On Thursday this 94 year old lady invited us to lunch at her assisted living place :) Highlight of my week. I love spending time with these people and learning about their life. Most of them have lived in Taber their whole life and its awesome.

We've been teaching lots of less-active members here and its been super rewarding to see them progress as well. We got a phone call from a man in Raymond telling us that his friends want to learn more on Saturday we taught them. They're a young Mennonite couple....super cool culture but if they join the church the rest of their colony shuns them so its rough.....but they want to learn more as well! Miracle! We also taught another man who used to be in a gang and he said he believes in Jospeh Smith and that he knows that he was a prophet...he didn't know how he knew these things though and I told him that it was the spirit testifying to him that it is true :) I asked him whats holding him back from being baptized and he said he wants to learn more. So we'll teach him and prepare him for baptism! Miracle! He came to church and loved it. 

Heavenly Father truly is preparing His children at this time. I'm so so so blessed to be a part of this great work. I love it! I've been having minor breakdowns about thinking that I'm going to hit my year mark next month...but looking back I wouldn't change one thing about my mission. Heavenly Father really has blessed me. 

I love you all so much and I want you to know how much we are blessed to have the gospel in our lives. 

Love
Sister M

Barb's baptism. Read about it here.

Sarah's last district. 

"This is the famous "Crazy Ray" and yes she likes to be called Crazy Ray hahaha what an awesome lady."

Out in the Country 

Guess who came to visit??! Sister Laughlin, Sarah's recent convert, came into Taber to see her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment