Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Frozen Tundra Again!

Family!

Its back to -30 here! How is it there?? You better not be complaining because somedays I feel like my eyelashes are going to fall off haha. This week was rough because Sister Mortensen and I are still sick but we pressed forward and still got a lot done. (Also I just realized I forgot my planner which tells me everything we did in the past week so this email might be short because I think I suffer from short-term memory loss) Anyways yes still sick. But Wednesday we had our district meeting and it was really good. We had a recent convert come to out meeting he's probably one of the coolest people I know. He was baptized last year and he's 79 years old. He told us all about his conversion process and we practiced teaching him different lessons it was awesome. 

We went to one of the less-active members houses later that day to teach her since we have a weekly appointment with her every Wednesday and she was super sick as well as all of her kids. I think the whole town is sick right now.....so sad. That night we went to a lesson with a member and after he asked us if we would like blessings so we got them and it was so nice. There was a lot of things said that brought me a lot of comfort. Those members are awesome, they also gave us a humidifier to use and some medicine. I felt very taken care of :)

Thursday we got to go on exchanges which was so good! We went with Medicine Hat and Sister Clabaux came with me to Taber. She knew that it was my one year birthday in the mission so she brought me a cupcake...so sweet! I love her! She's originally from France and is so awesome, such a good missionary. We got a lot done and I loved being able to get to know her better. We got to go to mission prep that night and talk with the young adults planning on serving missions here in the stake and it made me realize how much I've grown and learned since first getting my call. Its been a good year! I LOVE my mission that's for sure. Me and Sister Clabaux had such a cool experience on Friday. I had a feeling that we needed to go visit our investigator but it didn't make any sense because she was supposed to be out of town. Anyways we stopped by and she was home! She was super frustrated though because she was trying to put a treadmill together and the only instructions she had were in french and she can't read french. It was perfect because Sister Clabaux can! So we got to help her put her treadmill together and she was so happy that we came by. She even said that Heavenly Father sent us there. She's such a cool lady and I'm so grateful we have the opportunity to know her and teach her. 

On Saturday we got to go to the temple! OH MY GOODNESS! I love the temple! What a good experience. We got invited by a girl who was going because she's leaving on her mission next month. It was fun to be there with so many people from the ward. I felt at home. I had so many prayers answered that I've been praying about for the last 2 months or so. I know Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers we just need to be patient. I felt so peaceful about everything in my life right now and know everything will just continue to work out when we trust in God's plan. I wish I could go to the temple every week because its just such a good place. 

Hopefully Sister Mortensen and I can fully recover for this week! We have a lot going on. We have exchanges today and then MLC's on Friday. It will be good :) 
I love you all and hope you're having a good week! 

Love 
Sister M.

At district meeting with Brother Marco! (a convert of a year) 


Sister Clabaux and the cupcake she got Sarah. 
(for Sarah's one year birthday on her mission)

"Me and Sister Clabaux again! Love her so much!" 

"Me and Sister Mortensen! It was so cold in this picture!"


No comments:

Post a Comment