Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hellllllloooo.

Happy Birthday Grandma Martin! I love you!! Hope you have a great day :)

So this past week was super good, we had Zone Conference here in Taber. The Lethbridge East zone drove in and Medicine Hat zone came in as well. It was a really good conference that made me want to go out and work harder. We talked about helping the less-active members be reactivated by teaching them the doctrine and helping them remember their covenants. It was good. We also talked about how we need to always extend the invitation to commit to something. I loved that President went over this because it will hopefully help us be more bold. Ever since coming to Taber I've really tried to be more bold in every situation I'm in and I've seen miracles come from it.  Also I finally got your Valentines Day Package and thank you so much! I loved it! 

That night we had Stake Correlation...thats something that I love about Taber. All the missionaries in the Stake and our Ward Mission Leaders and the High Councilor over missionary work get together twice a month to discuss the missionary work that happening. I love it because we all get to work together and see whats going on. And let me tell you there is SO much going on in Taber right now, probably more going on then there has been in a long time. Not just in our area but in the whole stake, its SO EXCITING!! 

On Wednesday we had district mtg and it was good nothing too exciting but after we had an awesome lesson with the less-active lady that we're reactivating and she said something that I will never forget. We asked her what her purpose was in life and she said she wanted nothing more than to be a mom but then after having kids she realized she was still missing something and she realized that she was missing the gospel. Now that she's working hard on coming back she feels like she has a purpose. The gospel is meant for families and families do so much better with the gospel. We then went and stopped by a family that the Bishop wanted us to see and it was good, they're a less active family that has agreed to let us teach them the lessons so we're going back tomorrow!! So fun :)

Thursday was goodish. Me and Sister Mortensen started getting sick, with sore throats and runny noses and coughs. Its so sad when the both of us are sick. But its ok! We were teaching another less-active family that night and they told us that they've been having a hard time reading their scriptures and then out of no where I told them that we would come over everyday and read with them. Hahaha Sister Mortensen looked so surprised and after I said it I kind of regretted it thinking that we don't have a lot of time to go everyday but then I realized if this is what brings them closer to Christ then its worth it. 

On Friday we tried to meet new people in the ward that we haven't met yet and then we went tracting and didn't get any new investigators but it was really good. I know that when we're working hard even when nothing is coming from it that Heavenly Father will bless us for our efforts. 

Saturday was sweeeeeet. We went back to teach that lady that we tracted into and we taught the Plan of Salvation and she loved it! We invited her to be baptized and she said that she knows she needs to but she doesn't want to be pressured. She then went on to say that she's grateful that we're teaching her because she knows she'll draw closer to Christ with us helping her! I love that!

We then went to a baptism that the Elders had and me and Sister Mortensen spoke at it :) It was really good. I love baptisms. It was for an 11 year old boy who has helped bring his mom back to church and then wanted to be baptized. He's been such a good example for his family. 

Sunday was long because we were just so sick by this point, we came home from our dinner appointment and took some medicine and then accidentally fell asleep and didn't wake up until 9:30 I felt awful but we needed the sleep.  P-day wasn't that fun either since we were still sick. Hopefully we feel better soon! This week should be good! 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love 
Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment