Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What a week! Transfer weeks are ALWAYS so crazy! It was also a little nuts with Sister LaCrue going home. Sad to see her go. She really had a hard time leaving her mission and it definitely made me realize to make every moment on my mission count because its going wayyyy to fast. Wednesday morning we were at the church for transfers and Sister Doty walked in and I was so surprised to see her since she was serving in Calgary.......and then they announce that she's my new comp! OH MY GOODNESS! I couldn't believe it, I just love her and its so fun since we've already established a friendship in the MTC. I was just way too happy about that one. We had 35 missionaries come out last week. The biggest transfer this mission has ever had. Its amazing. We're now at our max for sisters in the mission. Sister Doty and I are over 14 sisters still and two of the sisters are not native english speakers. One is from France and the other is from the Philippians. Crazy!! But awesome. Sister Doty and I have some great goals for this are this next transfer so I'm excited! We've already seen so many miracles the past week. We got 2 new investigators! That hasn't happened in a looooooonnnnngggg time. It so hard finding new investigators here but we found 2! Yay! One is in her 30's and is single and the other is from the part member family that I've been writing about. Her husband is less-active but we invited her to take the discussions and she said yes! MIracles. And we'll hopefully be getting a new one tomorrow! So happy. I loved going to Ward Council this past week because it seemed like everyone got more excited about missionary work because of conference. Hopefully we'll see good things come from it. Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in Canada. We didn't have a dinner and neither did 6 other missionaries so we all went to I-Hop....keepin it classy. It was way fun though and I wouldn't of had it any other way. We had our Zone Training Meeting this morning and me and Sister Doty trained our zone on Chapter 5 from PMG which is all about the Book of Mormon. I think it went pretty well, our zone is pretty awesome. 

I just want to let everyone know how much I love the Book of Mormon. It is true. There is no doubt in my mind. It will bring us closer to Christ and help us develop a relationship with Him. It will teach us the true and basic doctrines of the gospel. It will change you for the better if you sincerely read it, study it, pray about it and apply it to your life. 

I'm sorry this email is short! But I love you all so much!! Thank you for everything! 

Love 
Sister M.

Oh also in the Spirit of Thanksgiving her are 5 things I'm grateful for.....

1. My family...obviously.....you're all the best.
2. The gospel. Its awesome.
3. The prophet. WE HAVE A PROPHET ON THE EARTH TODAY. How great is that?
4. Warm clothes.....its starting to get cold here!
5. My Savior and the Atonement. Without Him nothing else matters. 



One of their investigators.

 Welcome to Lethbridge!



Sister Doty and Sister Martin at a little coffee house in Lethbridge......drinking hot chocolate of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment