Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Well hello family!!!

What a crazy week its been. I've learned so much this past week, I've grown so much this past week and I'm so grateful for all the experiences I'm having. Tuesday after I emailed you we went to a couple of appointments but sadly most people bailed on us. We did have to call and set up some appointments for my ward council and that went really well. The ward council wanted to go out and meet more less-active members in the ward and by some miracle Sister Doty and I set up 12 appointments for Wednesday night! I couldn't believe it because its hard to get that many appointments set up in 1 week. Heavenly Father was blessing us. The next day (Wednesday) we got a new investigator! He used to be a former and met with the missionaries almost 3 years ago. He has a hard time with the principle of faith but hopefully we can help him understand how powerful faith really is. We met with our ward mission leader that day as well and it just seemed like everything was going to perfectly..............sadly we got some bad news later that day. We decided to go and visit Kel because he hadn't been answering his phone or calling us back, when we got to his home his neighbor came out and told us that Kel had passed away the night before. I honestly couldn't believe it. We had gone by the night before and he just hadn't answered his door. I was flooded with emotions. Kel had been progressing so much, he was preparing to be baptized on October 26th. I was obviously crying a lot at this point and we slowly made our way back to the car where I was then overcome by the feeling of peace. I knew I had done everything I could to help Kel. Sister Doty had reminded me that the week before, I told her that I had a feeling that I was in this area to help someone prepare to meet God, that's exactly what I was doing with Kel. I knew that everything was going to be ok. Later that night I received a blessing and it told me exactly what I was feeling earlier that day. That Kel will accept the gospel in the next life and that I had done everything that Heavenly Father wanted me to do. There was some other amazing things said in the blessing that brought me so much peace and comfort. Kel was an amazing person and I'm so blessed to have been able to know him for the short time that I did. I learned so much from him. That night we also had our ward ministering night and everything went so well.

I realized then that Heavenly Father had been blessing us so much the past week with finding new investigators to help us prepare for Kel leaving. I honestly wish I could describe and tell you everything I learned that day and even the past few days after that. I know that Heavenly Father really does have a divine plan for all of us. That we are all part of His great plan and that Heavenly Father uses us as tools to help Him in this great work. Also the spirit world is so much closer to us than we realize. We had taught Kel a couple of times last week and he made some interesting comments for example: we were teaching about the gospel of Jesus Christ which is...Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. When we taught Kel that he said "My enduring to the end will be shorter than others, I'm grateful you're teaching me this." He also said in a closing prayer that he wished he could help us in this great missionary work. I know he's helping us now. 

The rest of the week was good, we went on exchanges with the Stirling sisters and I went out to Stirling again. What a cute little Village. We were also invited to a members home Sunday night and they put a little concert on for some of the ward members. This lady's house was so cool! She has more than 9,000 books and her house is super old with this amazing library! I loved it. I felt like we had traveled back in time. Sister Doty and I are still doing great, I just love her so much! I'm really so blessed to have her as my companion. 

I hope you all had a great week! I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for my amazing family :)

Love 
Sister M.

No comments:

Post a Comment