Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hello!! How was everyone's week??

To be honest this week was such a blur and I forgot my planner this morning so I can't even look back to see what I did! Ha I'm so sorry. We did have Zone Conference this past week though and it was really good. I love hearing from President Nicholas. After hearing from him I have so much more motivation to go out and work harder and more efficiently. He talked a lot about obedience which was perfect because its something I've really been trying to work on this transfer and I've really seen how its blessed me. When we try to do what Heavenly Father has asked of us He will bless us.  And lets be honest I need all the blessings I can get! Heavenly Father wants us to be obedient because He loves blessing us. In Moses 6:33 it says "Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you." I've chosen to serve God and I hope I can do it with all my heart might mind and strength. I love it out here.

We were teaching one of our investigators on Friday night and we were teaching the Plan of Salvation. And then he said something that I absolutely loved. He said "This all sounds so familiar." It was perfect because we got to explain that it should be familiar because we all knew this plan before we came to earth. I then read the scripture from D&C section 138 verse 56 and explained that we knew all of this in the spirit world and how we were prepared to come to earth at this time. At this point the spirit was pretty much yelling at me to invite him to be baptized and before I knew it I was inviting him to be baptized and he said yes. The spirit filled the room. It was such a powerful moment and I'm so excited for him. He's preparing for the date of September 21st.

We also got a couple of referrals this week which is very rare to get in this area so we were soooo excited! We also picked up a new investigator so theres a ton to do right now! Heavenly Father is just pouring out blessings to me and Sister B. but there is some sad news......our stake had some boundary changes yesterday and they took out most of Calgary from our ward and now we pretty much just cover Chestermere and Langdon. Its going to be a hard adjustment because we lost a lot of good people that we were working with but we just need to trust in Heavenly Fathers plan for this stake. I'm really going to miss a lot of the ward members that I became really close with.
 
Anyways I have some funny moments from this week......
that awkward moment when a lady in the ward named her goldfish after you. Seriously the goldfish's name is Sister Martin. I don't know if that should be a compliment or not........
that awkward moment when me and Sister B. are trying to teach a lady who doesn't really speak any English and starts speaking to us in some African dialect and I have no idea what to do.......
that awkward moment when someone thinks your a nun and you try and explain to them that your not a nun and they don't believe you.....
 
I love being a missionary its filled with SO many awkward moments hahaha but its also filled with the best moments in the world.
 
I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
(Thanks for the package momma I love it!)
 
Love
 
Sister M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment