Tuesday, November 12, 2013

FAMILY. FRIENDS. PEOPLE.

Hello!!!! I love you all so much! Oh my goodness, there were so many times this week that I just wanted to call you not because I was home sick but because I wanted to just fill you in on all these amazing experiences I'm having. Emails don't even do justice. So I was still pretty sick at the beginning of the week but we were working hard finding more less-active members to teach in the ward. I don't know if I told you this before but there are over 600 people on our ward list and only around 150 come each week! Crazy! So much work to be done!!

On Tuesday a different zone invited Sister Doty and myself to come and do a training in their zone meeting so we drove over to the west side of Lethbridge and got to do some training and it was pretty fun. My fears of talking in front of people are slowly going away and its probably because I'm forced to do it every week! haha oh my goodness. We then by some miracle got in with a inactive lady who never lets people in and we had an amazing lesson on the Atonement. The atonement really is the center of everything, when we start to study and understand the atonement our desire to share the gospel will increase. Also we had a man call us and he wanted to meet with us, he's from Medicine Hat and he was actually good friends with Kel (the investigator that passed away) he's actually a recent convert and wanted to know how Kel was doing. We had an amazing lesson with him on the Plan of Salvation. Also the man got a hold of Kels family and will be able to do his work in the temple in a year from now. How amazing is this gospel? So wonderful.

We had 2 lessons with our investigators on Wednesday and both of them are progressing so well. Its interesting to see what draws both of them to the gospel. One is families and the other is repentance. Each person is different but the gospel is for everyone, I love it! Both of our investigators want to be baptized we just need to help them overcome some concerns and they'll be ready to go. Heavenly Father has blessed this area so much. Its so different than when I first got here and I feel so blessed to see the ward grow stronger and be a part of it. I was still feeling sick by Thursday and my Zone Leaders called and said they would lock me in my house if I didn't stay in and get rest....hahaha I just feel like the worst missionary ever if we're not out working. But they were right I needed some sleep. They also came over and gave me a blessing and lets just say the priesthood is awesome! I'm doing much better. We went on 2 exchanges this past weekend. One in Medicine Hat and one in West Lethbridge. I stayed in my area both times but the exchanges went really well. I went on one exchange with Sister Cornillez who is the sweetest nicest girl I've ever met. She's been out for 5 weeks now and she's from the Philippians. Sweetest person ever. I got to help her with her English and it was great :)

This week will be so much fun! We're headed to Calgary tomorrow....YAY! Elder Schwitzer of the 70 wants to have another mission leadership council so we'll be meeting with him Thursday morning and then we'll head back down to Lethbridge after that and on Friday we have another meeting with him and he might join me and Sister Doty for a lesson! I'm hoping it happens it would be such a wonderful experience. And then next week is transfers.....HOW DID THAT HAPPEN SO FAST! Oh my goodness. The mission is flying by. I'm coming up on my half way mark....oh my it makes me want to cry.

I love the gospel. I love my Savior and I love teaching people about those two things. I hope you all have a great week! Remember that I love you dearly and that I"m praying for you often!

Love 
Sister M.

Small villages in Canada 

Sister Cornillez and Sister Martin



Sarah and one of her investigators

No comments:

Post a Comment