Monday, September 23, 2013

Windmill country. Windy Windy Windy. I love southern Alberta. How is everyone doing?? It sounds like everything is good. So this week was a lot better than last week. Tuesday was good but sooooo slow. Literally everyone and their dog is getting sick so no one wanted us in their homes because they didn't want us to get sick....which is fine I guess but I just want to teach people! Anyways Tuesday night I ended up going over to the west side of Lethbridge to go on exchanges. On Wednesday we woke up and it was RAINY. Kind of like Utah I guess. I heard your getting lots of rain. Well on Wednesday it rained alllllll dayyyyy looooongggg. I pulled out the winter boots I was getting so cold. Ha. I'm going to die when it snows. But with the rain it made everyone stay home and we taught a bunch of lessons. I loved it. And I felt like I really connected to a lot of the people. On Thursday we were running around trying to help some of the sisters out so we went to Stirling again and then went over to another set of sisters in Lethbridge. Then we had a couple of lessons that went really well. We're still trying to meet people in the ward because its so big and I'm awful at remembering names so its going to take awhile. That night I stayed in my area and had another sister come on exchanges. Her name is Sister Bogaert and she's from Austraila and is sooo sweet. I loved spending the day with her and learning from her. We were having a super awesome day, meeting a lot of new people and then we went to contact a referral. We were teaching this lady and we started teaching her the restoration. The spirit was so strong and the whole time I was thinking that she was going to be a new investigator. We described the first vision and she said she felt like a light entered the room when we described it to her. We then were teaching her about the Book of Mormon and she said she really wanted to find out if it was true. We asked her to pray about it and she said she would. We then asked her if we could come another time and she said no.......OH MY GOODNESS. I was shocked. We tried to have her explain why she didn't want us to come back and she said that she didn't deserve Gods love and that this happiness wasn't for her. My heart sank. It was so sad. We tried to keep talking to her but she said she would just call us when she's ready. I'm praying she does.

Saturday we went to the temple. It was so needed. The Cardston temple is SO pretty. Oh my goodness I loved it. Sister LaCrue taught a lady who got baptized last year and she went through the temple for the first time! We were so happy for her! I wish I could just stay in the temple forever. That night we taught our investigator Kel and he still wants to be baptized we just need to help him quit smoking. He's making a lot of progress though and I'm super happy. Also our investigator came to church on Sunday which made me really happy. There's definitely been some ups and downs but its all been good. I just love the gospel so much. Its amazing. 

I hope you're week is good!

Love
Sister M.







No comments:

Post a Comment