Monday, June 17, 2013

Its been so rainy here and its absolutely beautiful!
 
I wish you could all come up here and see how pretty my mission is. I love it! This week has been another week of miracles. We taught 2 new investigators last Tuesday and they want to be baptized! Only problem.....they need to get married first. But no big deal, we got Byron married before he got baptized so I'm sure we can get these two married. I should be a wedding planner after I get home from the mission. Anyways I'm so excited for them and hopefully we can continue teaching them and helping them make progress to getting baptized. I just want to emphasize real quick how much I love being on a mission. I LOVE IT. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father let me know I needed to be out here. I can't believe I never wanted to come on a mission before because it really is the best thing in the whole world. So we also taught an amazing lesson to Shauna about baptism/priesthood authority. Its been really hard for her to fully understand authority but I think our past lesson helped and she finally opened up and expressed her concern about being baptized.....her mom doesn't want her joining.......sad. She loves her mom and so I can see how hard it is for her to go against what her mom wants. But she also said "I would hate turning away from this and denying myself of needed blessings." She's so torn, so hopefully she can start to recognize the answers to her prayers that she needs to hear. I love Shauna so much. She also said "I really want to be baptized when Sister Martin is here so I hope I get my answer soon!" It was so cute.

This past week when me and Sister B. were walking around I was getting a little down one day. It was hot and there were thousands of mosquitoes and appointments were falling through and then I said a prayer to help me feel better about everything and right after a UPS truck drove by and the guy driving the truck yelled to us and asked if we were from Utah. So I told him that I was and he pulled over and stopped the truck. We walked up and started talking to him and he told us how he's been to Utah before and how its so pretty and then we went on to talk about how he felt a very special spirit in Utah. He then went forth to tell us how much he admires us for coming out and teaching people about Jesus Christ. He told us he's Jewish but he really admires the LDS faith. It put such a huge smile on my face to have such a nice conversation with such a nice person. He then told us to have a great day and he drove off. God answers prayers. We then taught 3 less-active families that night and all the lessons went so well. One of the lessons we decided to have a "testimony meeting" and we all bore our testimonies. The spirit was so strong and it was so good for the family to be able to bear their testimonies...which is probably something they haven't done in a very long time.

On Friday we helped a lady paint her kitchen and it was so fun! We painted it a bright yellow, it was also perfect because it was raining so hard on Friday and I was so grateful we weren't walking around in the rain. It then started hailing and I was even more grateful. We've been getting caught in the rain a lot lately and its not very fun.

On Saturday we had the amazing opportunity to go out to SikSika which is the indian reservation in our zone. We went out to show support at a baptism of a lady and her daughter. The funny thing is sister missionaries don't serve out on the reservations so this was the first time a lot of people ever saw sister missionaries and they treated us like celebrities. Everyone wanted pictures with us! Haha it was so funny. One little girl came up to me and said "I didn't know there were girl missionaries! You're the first girl missionary I've ever talked to." She then proceeded to tell me that she wants to serve a mission. It made me so happy when she told me that. There are some very special people out in SikSika.
 
Sorry this email is short but really this week has been so good. Me and Sister B. have been so blessed. I'm also humbled everyday to be training Sister B. she's such an incredible missionary and she should be the one training me! We have a lot of fun together. The best thing about missions are the people. And I get to be working with some of the best people in the world. I'm so grateful to be out here.
 
I love you all and hope you're doing well!
 
Love
Sister M.



Out in the SikSika branch. 

"These Elders went to high school with me...so a little Lone Peak reunion was necessary."

Water tower in the town of Gleichen.

No comments:

Post a Comment