Wednesday, July 24, 2013

BEST WEEK EVER

I just want everyone to know before I start telling about my week, that my family is the best family in the whole wide world. Thanks for making my birthday so special. It was by far the best birthday I've ever had and its all because of my family. I love you guys so much. Also Andy and Kenora were baptized....so everything was absolutely perfect.

So this week was my favorite week in the mission field. On Wednesday 33 new missionaries came into the mission and 14 of them were Sisters. Its amazing to see how the work is moving along. I love it. Also my zone finally got another set of sisters! Thank goodness!! The Elders are great but I'm really happy about having another set of sisters in my district. But it was also really sad to say goodbye to the people in my district and my zone that were being transferred or going home, we all got so close this past transfer. This past transfer has definitely been my favorite so far SO many good memories. So this past week we tried to see Andy and Kenora everyday before their baptism this past Sunday and everyday I got more and more excited for them. They are some of the best people I know and I've been so blessed to be able to teach them.

Also this past Wednesday I went to one of my favorite members homes and we're just having a good time eating dinner when all of a sudden they pull out a birthday cake and start singing to me! I was so shocked because I didn't tell anyone about my birthday but it honestly made me SO happy. Then on Thursday another member called us and wanted us over for lunch to celebrate my birthday.....by this time I asked Sister B. if she was telling everyone about my b-day and she just said no....so at this point I still have no idea how people know about my b-day coming up.

 Friday we were pretty busy teaching different lessons......which is great. Being busy in the mission field makes time fly by and I love teaching people. Also another lady in the ward who is less-active invited us over for lunch and she also made me a birthday cake! (Birthday Cake # 2!! Her and her husband also got me the prettiest necklace and she told me "Thank you for always coming over and bringing the spirit, you have soften my husbands heart so much and we will never forget you." Her husband is not a member and has never liked missionaries but he's warmed up to us :)  so it was just a really great day and then that night Andy and Kenora took us out to dinner which was so sweet of them.

Saturday the whole zone went down to SikSika to help with the flood but me and Sister B. had too many lessons that day so we just stayed in Calgary. Also Andy and Kenora had their baptism interview that day so we wanted to be there for them. Throughout the whole day I kept getting phone calls from members singing me happy birthday! It was so nice of them but again I was so confused how everyone knew about it. Also the Elders were so sweet and called and sang me happy birthday and then got me a spiderman balloon that said "Happy Birthday" in French hahaha that night when we went to a members house for dinner the first thing she did was give me a huge hug and said "This is from your mom." She then went on to tell me how my sweet momma had been in contact with people from the ward and how the whole ward was secretly planning all these birthday parties for me! Apparently it was all over the ward facebook page.....so thank you mom for being the best mom ever and contacting all these people who made my birthday so special. It was perfect. I also loved the birthday package that you sent me. She also made me a birthday cake with a little surprise in it...which definitely reminded me of home and all the birthday cakes I had when I was little. (birthday cake # 3!)

The next day Sunday was Andy and Kenoras baptism!! The whole day my heart was filled with love and gratitude. Their baptism was at 4 and everything was perfect. Over 60 people came for their baptism. The ward showed so much support, which I'm so grateful for. The whole thing was so special....one of the missionaries that first started teaching Andy and Kenora a year ago flew up from Utah to baptize Kenora and also the man that first introduced them to the church over a year ago was there as well. I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost....I'm not sure how much they got out of it because I was so emotional hahaha but the spirit was there and it was so strong. After the baptism Andy and Kenora came up to me and said "We feel so happy, we feel so good." I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Also that night the members the were feeding us dinner made me a birthday cake hahaha birthday cake #4!!.....I never need to eat cake again. 

Just to let you all know going on a mission is the best decision I've ever made. I'm so grateful to be out here. I'm so grateful to see people coming unto Christ. It makes me so happy.
I love you family. I hope you have a great week as well. Thanks for everything!

Love
Sister M.


A Canola field by Sarah's apartment 

Sarah's Zone on their last P-Day before transfers 

 Birthday Cake #1

Birthday Cake #2 


Birthday Cake #3 

Andy & Kenora's Baptism 



Birthday Cake #4 

"Lately I've been waking up at 5 am!...I have no idea why, but I've been loving it because I just sit on a big comfy chair in the living room and watch the sunrise as I read my scriptures. Heavenly Father has created such a beautiful world for us to live in."

No comments:

Post a Comment